Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Journal Topic: Growth

Who supports your growth?

This will be a fairly easy one. My family and friends support my growth. They always support me no matter what, and are always there to encourage me when I'm feeling down. In particular, my mother is very supportive of my growth and often tells me that she is supportive and proud. My dad is supportive and proud too, but he doesn't often say it. He does show it in other ways, though. He tends to show his feelings by teasing or joking with people, so when he jokes about how I should know something since I'm going to be paying for my college education until I'm 50 years old, I know it means he's proud of me for graduating from college.

My friend Chris, who is really more like a soul mate, although not in the traditional sense of the word, is totally supportive of my growth. He's so supportive of it, in fact, that he often nudges me toward things that would accelerate growth when I'm not sure I can do it. He has more faith in me than any other person on the planet, and for that I will always be grateful.

There are so many others in my life who support my growth as a person, as a professional, as a writer, and as a Christian. These are all important areas in my life that I want to see grow and thrive, so it's nice to know that I have support from all these people to help make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! You know I'll always be there for you, just like you are there for me. We are truly soul mates, and I cherish that aspect of our friendship.

    ReplyDelete