Friday, January 04, 2008

Big changes

Work
I resigned from my job yesterday. My last day is February 15. I won't go into details, but something happened that told me it was time to go. So, I have six weeks to find another job, or to build a freelance career (just kidding, I know it takes longer than that!) The great thing is, I have a wonderful support system. My parents have already said they would help if needed. In fact, they both said they were proud of me for standing up for what's right. I think that's why they are willing to help if I can't find something before my last day.


Writing
I pitched two jobs this evening! One is local, a company looking for someone to write press releases, and the other is for several articles. I'm also going to approach some local publications to see if they need someone to do some freelance work, and will be pitching any other jobs I can find. I figure I can at least start building a career and the extra money will come in very handy if I don't find a job in the next six weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:20 AM

    I'm really, really proud of you. You've needed this change for awhile, and now you're stepping into the great, big world!

    You'll find something wonderful, I know it.

    Have you considered joining the Chamber of Commerce as a freelancer? Some of my best gigs have come through those connections.

    Congratulations and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete