Wednesday, September 27, 2006

the most boring work ever

Looking up policies from other organizations and then writing policies for mine based on the research has got to be the most boring work ever! I spent most of my day working on these policies, and I hope I'll be finished soon.

Tomorrow should be pretty good, though. I'm going to a preview party for Mobile's music festival (Bayfest) because they are raising money for my organization. So I get to spend a few hours talking to people and collecting the money they want to donate to us. I love events like this. It's so much fun to be out there, doing the PR stuff you see on TV.

Also tomorrow I need to start looking at the 2007 farm bill. I've been told I might be working on some policy stuff related to this bill, so I need to understand it! If I'm going to be lobbying next year, I need to know what I'm talking about, lol.

Still flipping back and forth on the NaNoWriMo novel. I think I might just forget the projects I'm trying to decide between and start completely from scratch. Or maybe not...

I was told recently that I should look at The Snowflake Method, so I found this very detailed site about it. I didn't have time to read it tonight, but I plan to get through it within the next couple of days and see if it might be helpful. I really have no set method when I write. Last year for NaNo, which is the first time I've actually finished a novel, I actually did a detailed outline with a summary of each chapter and a very nice timeline of events before, during and after the story. That worked nicely and really kept me in line when I started to stray too far. Of course, I allowed myself to stray a little. Allowing the story to come alive and take over is a large part of my creative process. So anyway, I'm going to see if this method would be good for me or if it would only stifle my creativity.

My friend Marcus might do NaNoWriMo this year. I really hope he decides to do it. I keep telling him it's a great experience. So Marcus, if you're reading this, DO NANOWRIMO!!!!! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment