Thursday, May 04, 2006

physical therapy

So physical therapy is an interesting experience. I had my first appointment today. The doc said I would only have to go for a few weeks, so I decided to go ahead and do it. My physical therapist is very nice and I enjoyed working with her. I had this terrifying image of it being some really gorgeous man of about 30. If it had been, I wouldn't have been able to do anything but drool on his shoes, lol. But it turned out to be a young woman who is very good at what she does. We did some exercises and she told me I could return to yoga, which is something I've really wanted to do. She said to be careful, though.

Oh, here's something funny. After testing my strength and the range of motion in my ankle, she determined that the limp is all in my head. After favoring that leg for several weeks, I've gotten into a habit of favoring it, so I basically have to learn how to walk again! Crazy.

I have two appointments next week (at 7 a.m... ugh!) and then we will determine if I need to continue. While I do really like my physical therapist, I hope I don't have to continue. I'd like my life to return to normal as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment