Saturday, September 17, 2005

True Christians

I just have to say, I have more faith in my fellow Christians than ever before. With all the stupid groups out there calling themselves "Christians" and then bombing abortion clinics or picketing Disney World because of Gay Day, I know a lot of people out there think that Christians are just a bunch of narrow-minded, bigoted, intolerant idiots. But we're not. I promise!

And I've seen things in the past three weeks that refute that claim better than anything else. Yes, there are people out there claiming to be Christians that are really not living the way they are supposed to, but there are also Christians out there who are really doing what Jesus would have them do. They are serving their community and beyond. They are coming to the food bank where I work and picking up food to take to hurricane victims all across the coast. It really is a beautiful thing to see, when churches get together and do what they are supposed to do, which is minister, help, and love others.

I've been taking a lot of heat online lately about being a Christian. So many of my online friends are not believers and, because I am one, they often feel the need to tell me why my beliefs are wrong and why Christians are horrible people. Well, I'm just a little irritated by that in light of the way I live my life and in light of the hundreds of churches that have stepped up in this time of disaster. Christians are not the bad guys. I wish there was a way for me to convince people of that. But I can only live the way I know I'm supposed to live and hope that helps. I really hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment