We made the offer, but then got a call the next day saying there was another offer on the table. We then had to go with our best offer, which we decided would be our max budget because we really wanted the house. They accepted the offer and we scheduled the home inspection.
Turns out, there are some pretty big things wrong with the house, so we made an addendum to the contract saying those things had to be fixed before we would purchase the house. And now we are waiting again, to see if they will agree to fix those things.
To be honest, I kind of hope they don't. I love the house and I know we will be happy there, but I've got a bad taste in my mouth about these sellers and about having to pay our max for the house when I really didn't want to do that. It's not that we are going to be "house poor" or anything. Our max was a good $50,000 or more less than we actually could afford. We chose that max to keep ourselves from going to crazy.
We should hear something today. If they agree to fix everything, we keep moving forward. If they choose not to fix one or more of the items on the list, we walk. If we have to start looking again, I'm determined to make it fun - and not to compare any future house to this one. We do love the house, but with the damage that needs to be fixed, there's just no way.
Post a Comment