Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nathan James Powell


We had our anatomy scan last week and got the news that it's a boy!  Jon was so excited to find out this news, although I suspect he would have probably been just as excited about a girl.  He's just excited about having a baby in general.  I didn't have a preference either, as long as he/she was healthy.  And guess what?  He's very healthy and active.  All the parts are there and in the right place.  We have the correct number of fingers and toes, no soft markers for anything scary, and he's measuring a little ahead of schedule.  The tech said we may want to prepare for a big baby.  Yikes!  The only thing she really couldn't take a good picture of was his heart, although she did see it and it did look just fine.  We are repeating the scan at our June appointment just to be safe and to get some good pictures of his heart.

After finding out the gender, Jon and I got serious about names.  It only took about 10 minutes for us to mentally go through the list and decide on one we really liked.  He didn't really want to name a child after himself, and I really wanted our firstborn son to have some part of his dad's name, so the compromise was Nathan, which is part of Jonathan, after all.  And since we had two middle names in mind, one family name from his side and one from mine, we decided on the one that sounded best with Nathan, which was James.  My mom's maiden name and a family name on my dad's side as well.  We are so happy with the name and started using it pretty much immediately.

Our little Nathan.  Our son.  I'm a little afraid of being a mother to a son.  I know very little about boys other than what I've learned from helping with Noah when he was younger.  I know I'll get it, but it's a little more "unknown" than girls are.  I can't wait to meet my little man.  I can already tell he's going to steal my heart.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! We go on June 4 and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete