Saturday, May 17, 2008

Quilters: Auditions

Auditioned for Quilters on Friday. I hope I get a part. The song went really well, I think. I chose to sing Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again, from Phantom of the Opera. I picked it because it shows off my high range, but also dips into the low a bit. We also did vocal exercises to test my range and then they tested my ability to read music by asking me to sing the harmony while the pianist sang the melody of a song. After the singing portion was over, I was given a script and page number and was sent out to the lobby to read over it while the next person did their singing portion. It was a great monologue that I wish I had known about when I was doing drama competitions in high school, because it would have been so much fun to do!

This musical seems like such a great experience for actors and audience alike. I really hope I get a part.

No comments:

Post a Comment