Wednesday, March 21, 2007

whew..

I just got home from rehearsal. We ran the whole show tonight. Words can't really describe the excitement I feel right now. I'm never going to be able to go to sleep tonight. (of course, that could be because of the huge white iced mocha I had at 6 this evening to give me energy for the rehearsal!) But seriously, it was really cool to see the whole thing in sequence. I recorded it and am burning it onto two CDs right now so I can run my lines in my car. We have to be off book by next Wednesday and I'm not ready for that yet. I will be by then, though. I'm determined to be!

I finished the contract I was working on and mailed it off today. That's another big work project out of the way. The fundraiser continues to move right along. I think it's going to go well, but I'm a little nervous about some of the details. That's pretty normal for this stage of the planning, though, so I'm sure everything will be okay.

I realized I haven't talked much about knitting lately, so here goes. I stopped working on the log cabin blanket for a little while so that I can concentrate on a couple of small purses. My mother and I both need one for our big road trip this summer, so rather than trying to find a bag that's the perfect size, I'm making them instead! I'm modifying a couple of patterns that I've seen in books to make a sort of hybrid using the components I like from both. I hope it works out the way I think it will, because if it does, it'll be great!

I didn't write today, but I'm planning to get some time in tomorrow. I might have to start getting up early so I'll have time for writing before I start my day... especially if I'm going to have more of these late rehearsals. I should be waking up earlier anyway, instead of sleeping until the very last minute and then rushing to get ready for work. I think I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens.

Something happened today that made me think about myself. I wore a new shirt (that I bought at Layne Bryant the day before) and since it was new and pretty and bright like springtime, I decided to wear makeup and flat iron my hair. Everyone at work freaked out. They kept asking me if there was a guy or if I had a job interview. It made me stop and think about what I must normally look like when I go to work. So I've decided to make more of an effort in that respect. Maybe I'll go shopping some more. I really do need new clothes, and having new things to wear always makes me feel like putting on a face and taking some time to really fix my hair rather than just brushing it.

Anyway, that's what's been going on!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Glad to hear the play is going well! Waking up earlier in the mornings was a chore I faced off last Fall--it wasn't easy but the days I do it I feel fabulous!

    ReplyDelete