Thursday, June 23, 2011

Making Plans

Jon and I have been having "serious talks" lately about the future, and what we are going to do with it.  I kind of love these kinds of discussions because they are practical on the one hand and on the other, they have enormous potential to get me very excited!  I am truly looking forward to us being partners in the effort to pay off debt, save money, purchase a house, and start a family.  

The next year is going to be exciting.  The years following it will be amazing.  I look forward to seeing what the future holds for us.

One thing that is way too much fun is planning home improvement projects.  We are planning to buy the house we are currently renting, and the owners have already locked in today's price for the next two years.  We love the basic design of the house, the lovely hardwood floors, the location, the landscaping, and the exterior (I've always been fond of brick) but there are a few interior things we would like to change.  He wants to put in additional electrical outlets and improve the current wiring (with a background as an electrician, this will not be difficult for him) and I want to some kitchen cabinets with a counter/bar on top.  There really isn't enough cabinet space or counter space in the kitchen, so if we can add some, that would be amazing.  The room is big enough, and there was one before, but the current owners tore the cabinets out so they could open the room more.  I love an open room, but we need more space for veggie chopping and other preparations!  Especially if I get the lovely KitchenAid stand mixer we just registered for!  (so far, the most expensive thing on our registry!)  

We are also planning to extend the back deck about 4 more feet and improve the structure of it - maybe even tear it out and build a new one since I fell through an unstable board a couple of weeks ago and hurt my leg pretty badly.  (not broken, though, thank goodness!)  A larger, more stable deck will be amazing - and I want to install lattice work across the bottom so Kaylee can't get underneath it and dig holes.  

So we are making lots of plans these days.  I can't wait for those plans to be put into action.  It's only a matter of time now...

No comments:

Post a Comment