Saturday, June 25, 2011

Book Cover!

After trying to find an appropriate publisher for Summer's Blossom for what... three years... I finally decided to self-publish.  The two most promising publishers had issues with a part of the book - they wanted a somewhat violent scene and all mentions of it removed.  In order to retain my vision and my rights to this book and the series I'm planning, I decided to self publish.  I researched a bunch of places, and I really like the POD model - it's better for the environment because you only print the books that are ordered.  I'm also going to do an ebook format for this story, but the print version will most likely come first.  I'm using Createspace because the books are on amazon.com and other retailers, and I really liked their pricing structure.

So anyway, I've been working on editing and making improvements to the story, and I finished the book cover design this week.  Here's a preview of the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment