Friday, February 04, 2011

Work Travel - Texas

My second work trip, Fort Stockton, Texas.  I traveled with a man who has worked in our department for a couple of years and I feel like I learned a lot from him.  He was fun to travel with too.  We did a CPOE install, which means it was a two-week trip.  We did come home on the weekend between the two weeks, though.

Fort Stockton is a little town in West Texas.  It's very dry and dusty, but the people are really nice and the hospital, while small, was a very nice facility.  The install went pretty well and I had some interesting times in the town.  I took the car one night and went geocaching around town and found some really neat places.

The way to the hospital was through the oil fields of Texas.  I spent a lot of time taking photos of those big oil pumps in the ground that look like grasshoppers.  They are so cool looking!  And the windmills were pretty awesome too.  We passed a wind farm and all you could see across the horizon were these graceful white windmills.  It was awesome. Check out the oil pump thingie!


The Fort Stockton historic cemetery, which contains a geocache, but I couldn't find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment