Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Proposal

On Valentine's night, we got all dressed up and went to dinner at Macaroni Grill (where we had our first date.)  After dinner, we came home to our little apartment and exchanged gifts.  He gave me a lovely gift bag that contained a soft, sweet little teddy bear.  He said it was for me to take with me when I travel so I would have something to hug when I am away from home.

I thought that was all that was in the bag, so I started to put it down and tell him "thank you," but he got it from me and said there was something else.  I reached into the bag and came out with a little "treasure chest" that I had seen at Hobby Lobby several days before and raved about.  It was so cool and I had thought about buying one for little trinkets, but didn't.  I opened the treasure chest to find a little white box.  He took the little box from me and got down on one knee.  Right there in front of our couch, with Kaylee as our witness, he proposed.  The ring is beautiful and I love it!

We will be married on October 30, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and had to say congrats!!

    ReplyDelete