Monday, May 11, 2009

Show over

Well, now the show is over and the week of depression is done.  Yeah, last week was really, really hard.  I missed everyone so much - missed going to the theatre every day after work - missed having something to do that was creative and fun.  And I missed spending time with all the people in the cast.  Everyone got so close and everyone was so amazing.  I miss them still.

It was an amazing run, though.  I loved every minute of it.  Directing was so not what I expected.  It was better!  I loved the creative process and I really enjoyed analyzing the script and interpreting it with the actors.  Blocking was so much fun, like placing chess pieces on the board and moving them around in a way that makes sense.  It was really such a great experience.  

The show was successful too, we sold out every show and made a lot of money for the theatre, which is amazing!  So many people have asked me what I plan to direct next.  I absolutely want to do it again, but it'll take some thought.  I've decided I don't want to direct something that has a part I might like to play.  Enchanted April had so many wonderful female characters and I just fell in love with the lead, so I found myself a little envious of the (amazing) actress who had the role.  

So the plan is to take a couple of months off and really focus on work and writing and then try out for a couple of shows in Mobile.  I haven't tried any of the Mobile theaters yet, so I'm going to really step out of my comfort zone and try to break in there!  I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment