Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wanting an adventure

Okay, so it has come to my attention that I haven't had, nor have I planned, a vacation for this summer. I think I should hurry, or the summer will be over and I will not have had a vacation at all. And I'm the kind of person who really needs a vacation, at least once a year. So I guess I need to think about where I might be able to go. Looks like I'll be going it alone this year, since my friends have all either gone on their own vacations or won't be able to afford one.

But it's more than that. I really want an adventure on a larger scale. I was talking to my friend Addie the other day and she mentioned a few cities I might like. Just talking about moving to another place was exciting (and scary) and I really want to do it. (but then part of me doesn't want to do it) The restless feeling I've been experiencing since the first of the year has not gone away. I love my job and I love where I live - I'm only a few minutes away from one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen - but I think it's important to experience another place. There are so many places I want to experience. But the idea of moving to a city by myself, where I don't know a single person... well, it's pretty scary.

So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I know one thing, my current job is a good one and I'm learning so much that it would take a really great opportunity to make me leave now. But several years down the road, when I have enough experience behind me, I will want to relocate. I wonder where I will end up?

No comments:

Post a Comment