Monday, July 24, 2006

Another day, another... whatever...

We had a meeting tonight for our annual fundraiser. It was the first meeting for the 2007 event. Happily, it went very well. Today went better than I expected all around. It was hectic, but not unbearable.

What was unbearable was the commute to work this morning. People do not know how to drive. I mean, what part of fast lane do people not understand??? Seriously. This guy decides to go 50 in the fast lane when there are 2 other lanes for him to use. The speed limit is 75, we're on the Interstate, and the guy is going 50 in the fast lane. It made me crazy! I'm very prone to road rage, which is bad since I drive an hour to work and an hour home every day. Finally the jerk got out of my lane and I was able to actually go the speed limit. But I was late for work because he thought it would be fun to go 50 in the fast lane. Argh!

My commute home was much nicer. I had great music playing, I rolled down my windows, opened the sunroof, and sang loudly. It was freeing... and a lot of fun!

Tonight I think I'll curl up on my comfy bed with my manuscript and a red pen. Actually, I don't use a red pen for editing. I actually use a pink one. It's prettier.

I had some thoughts on After the Storm too, so tomorrow, while I'm waiting to pick a friend up from the airport, I'm going to go back to that story and see where it goes. Editing is fun and all, but I think I'm finally ready to start writing again.

There are some other writing projects I want to work on soon. I've been wondering about freelance writing, like articles for magazines or something. Or maybe short fiction. So I've decided to do some research on that and see what I can come up with. I know it's not easy, and that's okay. I want to dive into something challenging and really work toward building my writing career. It's time to stop fooling around and really get serious.

1 comment:

  1. You put your finger on the reason I haven't tried it until now. I knew I wouldn't be able to make the commitment while in school and while getting used to a new career, but now that school is finished and I've gotten used to the day job, I know I can budget my time to work on some freelance projects. I'm actually really good with deadlines and delivering when promised.

    Thanks for the advice. I need all the tips/suggestions/advice/warnings I can get as I consider venturing into this new arena!

    ReplyDelete