Three weeks ago, I bought a Fitbit Charge HR. I'm addicted. In the last three weeks, these things have happened.
- My resting heart rate has gone down from 83 bpm to 74 bpm consistently. Resting heart rate is a good indicator of heart health and overall fitness.
- My weight has gone down 5 pounds.
- I have been intentionally physically active every day except three of those days, and those all had circumstances that were beyond my control (sick kids, sick me, etc)
- I have stayed under my calorie goal of 1600 per day every day with the exception of a couple of days.
- I have burned my goal of calories for the day, which is 1000 more than taken in, every day with the exception of the sick days.
This data is eye-opening for me and I can see exactly where my successes and failures lie. And it's fun! I have been known to walk in place for 30 minutes or so just to make sure I get my steps in for the day if it has been a light day for me. Jon thinks I'm nuts. But hey, anything to get a little exercise, right?
I can't wait to see what else happens on my Fitbit weight loss journey.