Friday, August 05, 2011

Journal Topic: Alone

Do you go out to eat alone, to the movies? Why or why not?


When I was single, I did this quite a bit. In fact, almost every week when I was in college I went to a movie because I reviewed them for the college newspaper.  I did not always have a companion and I didn't not want one every time I went.  There's something nice about being by yourself to do things that you would normally do with other people.  It gives you some perspective and the opportunity to people watch.  And we know how much I love to people watch!  


Now, when I do go out alone, I use my phone as a distraction.  I tend to play a game while waiting for my food, or read a book using the pretty awesome Nook software.  Or I may have my actual Nook with me in which case I will read from it.  I really have a lot of reading to catch up on!  


Of course now, I have a companion most of the time and it's really pretty awesome going out with him.  Most of the time, if we are going out for dinner we are together.  But I still do lunch by myself sometimes, and that's nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment