Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Request

Some of you already know this, but I wanted to announce it here for those who do not talk to me in person or are not friends on facebook. I've made it past the first step for a publishing company! They ask for a query letter and synopsis first, so I sent that. About a week later, I got an email back asking for the first 3 chapters or the first 50 pages, whichever was more. So that's the second step! I sent the pages and am now waiting to see what will happen. I'm hopeful but am prepared to hear bad news too, just because if I get my hopes up too high and it doesn't happen, I'll be crushed. But that's the way the business works, right? At least I got past the first step. They liked the concept, which is a good thing.

This is for Summer's Blossom, by the way. It was my NaNoWriMo book for 2005. I've been editing, polishing, and sending it off to publishers since then, and finally I have some interest! Stay tuned for more on this exciting development!

No comments:

Post a Comment