Wednesday, March 07, 2007

oops... it's been a week!

I know, I know... It's been a week since I've posted. Sorry about that! I do try to post every day, but sometimes it doesn't happen. But the good news is, I've been keeping busy and having a great time doing it! The play is going great! We had our first read through last week, and our first real rehearsal last night. We blocked several of my scenes and I can already tell that it's going to be so much fun to play this role. I had some thoughts about my character during a read through over the weekend, and when I brought them up to the director, she hugged me. She said she loved that her actors were really thinking about their characters and she encouraged more thought and more involvement in the process, which is great.

I haven't stopped writing, just in case anyone is wondering. I went back to Deadly Council for a little while because I had some insight into what was going on there, so I wrote a little on it over the past few days. I've also done some work on Under the Magnolia Tree, because it needs a lot of work! I started on a short story, but I stopped working on it because it didn't seem to be going anywhere. I might pick it up again, but I'd rather work on something that has a clear direction than something that doesn't, at this point. Especially since I have no idea what market this short story might be right for, and I know exactly where I'll be sending the novels when they are finished. Well, I know a lot of places I'll be sending them! So that's where the writing stands at this point. I'm also still working on editing Summer's Blossom. There's so much to do with it! I think the rejection made me feel less confident in the story and now I'm trying to fix what might be wrong, but I'm not sure that's the best way to do it either. I mean, they didn't even read the story, just the synopsis, so maybe if I send it back with some sample chapters (all edited and polished, of course!) they will give a more favorable response. They did, after all, say that they liked the concept.

So anyway, that's what I've been up to lately. Oh, and I went to the eye doctor Monday. One eye has gotten worse and the other has stayed the same, so I had to get a new prescription for my contacts. No problems other than that, though, so that's good. I got a new brand of lenses too, and they feel great! In fact, they feel like nothing at all, which is what you want contacts to feel like. I thought about getting colored ones, but decided against it. A blue-eyed me wouldn't look right. Besides, I like how my hazel eyes change color according to what I wear. I'd miss that if I had colored lenses.

Tonight they are blocking scenes I'm not in, so I'm going to do laundry. One thing about being involved in a play is that you have to schedule the stuff you have to do around rehearsals. I don't mind at all, though, because I'm loving this return to the stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment