Monday, March 26, 2007

Look what I did!















I've been reading so much about how fun it is to be square. Mitered Square, that is! It sounded like so much fun so I decided to try it. Everyone is right... it really is great to knit mitered squares! I absolutely love watching them take shape. I'm sure I'll stop and start with this project, but for now, I'm going to be square as much as possible! So here are a few pictures of my very first mitered square. The first picture is the "right" side and the second is the "wrong side." There are a few mess-ups, but overall I'm pleased with the way it turned out. One really great thing about it is that I learned a few new knitting skills while attempting this square (two ways to decrease) and I finally feel confident with my purling. In fact, my purling is actually faster than my knitting now, which makes no sense at all! Anyway, that is how I spent my Sunday. Fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment