Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Get to know you day at Create a Connection

I found this cool place called Create a Connection, and today is Get to Know You Day. They post the questions and I post my answers. It's clever and fun, and I just might have to become a regular participant!


What did YOU eat last?
A cheese sandwich and a cherry coke just a few minutes ago.

What about YOUR love life? Anyone special? Tell us about him/her!
What love life?? (lol) There is a guy I think I might be interested in, but there are no details yet. Stay tuned!!!

What is it like where you live?
Hot. Okay, 70 degrees isn't really hot, but I'm already getting prepared for the blistering 98 degrees that we will have in just a couple of months. But that's not very specific, is it? I live in a house, on an acre of land, out in the country. There are several trees in the front yard, as well as some flowering bushes and other plants. The backyard also has several trees and one beautiful wisteria vine. This weekend, I'm putting up a hammock so that I can lay in the shade and read.

What are YOUR favorite features about yourself?
I love my eyes and my voice.

What deep thoughts have YOU been pondering upon?
I've been thinking a lot about the quote from Gandhi: "Be the change you want to see in the world." I've always tried to live my life like that. I try really hard not to complain about things, but to find ways to change the things I want to complain about. On a grand scale, I might not be able to do anything to "change the world," but I can smile at someone, who will hopefully have a better day because they know someone cares. I can help someone when they need it, so that hopefully they will help someone else, who will help someone else. I like to think that's the way it works, anyway.

List 2 random things you love about life:
laughing and singing

How did YOU find out about CAC?
Cara at January One mentioned her interview at Create A Connection, so I popped over and read about it and absolutely loved the idea!

What do YOU love most about spring?
The weather! I love sunshine, thunderstorms, mild temperatures... no hurricanes!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your home sounds beautiful. I love wisteria! Good luck finding that spark with Mr. Interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melba! I kept seeing the 100 lists and just had to do one! Here's a question.. do you ever write the continuing story to books you love? I've done that once or twice, just so the story wouldn't end.

    Jamie, I love wisteria too. The scent just wafts on the breeze and fills the entire yard. Oh, and I do hope something happens with Mr. Interesting. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cherry coke is scrump! you're the first person i know of that likes it aside from me.

    what a great idea to keep a story going on your on :)
    thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked the questions, and hope you WILL decide to participate more! :o)

    Ooohhhhhh you have a hammock??? I want one of those too. It's on my "dream list".

    I DEFINATELY believe that causing positive ripples in the world will have a positive effect! Awesome idea. I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete