Friday, March 09, 2007

Act One is blocked!

Last night we finished blocking Act One! It's so exciting! I had forgotten how much fun it is to be a part of a play, to start getting to know your fellow actors and the characters they play, to begin to become a team working toward one common goal. I love my fellow actors and everyone else involved with this play. The director is amazing! I hope I get to work with her again. She has so much energy and enthusiasm for the script. She laughs out loud at particularly funny lines during rehearsals and is really focused on what will bring out better performances from the group. It has been such a great experience so far. The last scene in Act One is so crazy, I can't wait until it all gels and we see what it's really going to look like. It was already starting to look pretty good last night, which is amazing considering it was the first time we went through it.

So that's going well. Tomorrow night I'm going with some friends to this cool thing called "24 hour theatre" where they write, rehearse, and perform 5 one-act plays in 24 hours. I can't wait to see what comes out of that! I'm not participating this year, but if it looks like fun, I'll probably do it next year!

I didn't write yesterday, but I plan to really concentrate on that over the weekend. I'm also going to try to learn all of Act One of the play over the weekend so that I don't have to keep the script in my hand. I really want to go off book as soon as possible so I can concentrate on my movements and everything. It's a good thing I don't have a lot planned, because between writing, memorizing lines, going to the 24 hour theatre thing, and laundry, I'm pretty much booked solid! Not to mention church on Sunday and the time I'll spend with my nephew tomorrow morning. He turned 11 a few days ago and I'm going to take his birthday present to him tomorrow. It's a computer desk and a rolling chair. I just recently gave him my old computer, and they just moved into a new house where he has a bigger room, so I figured it was time for him to have a proper space for it. He is going to love it! (he's not spoiled or anything, I promise!) So busy, busy weekend in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment