Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lunch breaks are cool

I'm sitting at my desk, scarfing down a grilled chicken sandwich and blogging. What could be better? I woke up this morning not really feeling well, but I decided to go to work anyway. The fundraiser is coming closer and closer and I don't have time to be sick. I'm actually very glad I did come on in, though, because I got a great volunteer today who has been working the phones like you wouldn't believe! It's great to have someone working on making those calls so that I can be free to do the grants I've been trying to get to. It's a little sad when your "to do" list is over two pages long and you don't even know where to begin. However, it doesn't change how I feel about my job. I absolutely love working here and wouldn't trade my experiences here for the world. We're planning some very interesting things in the future, to hopefully help with disaster relief if we get any hurricanes this year. I'm looking forward to seeing how these plans work out, even if we don't have to implement them this year (which I'm hoping will be the case because we don't need a hurricane this year, we're still recovering from Katrina)

I'm going to the doctor on Friday. Did I mention that before? Hopefully he'll give me a walking cast. When I'm finished with the doctor I'm going to get my car tag transferred. I'm looking forward to getting that taken care of so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Anyway, that's about all I can write on my lunch break. Perhaps I'll come back soon and write some more. Before I go, I'll give you a few links I think are cool. They are the sites for the artists whose CDs I just purchased. (I know that was some really interesting sentence structure, but oh well, lol)

ZOEgirl
Relient K
SuperChic[k]
TobyMac

No comments:

Post a Comment