Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I couldn't stand it...

I just couldn't bear to miss two nights in a row, so I sat down and did a few. 577 to be exact. It's not a lot, but it is further toward the goal, so that's okay. Plus, it got me to 33,000. (it's actually more like 30,006 words, but I rounded down to make it nice and even. Not that it matters, of course, but I'm just strange. lol

So anyway, I actually managed to write a little today. It feels good to write. I missed it yesterday. I miss the story when I don't work on it. I miss the characters. I sometimes wish these characters could jump off the screen/page and live actual lives. I like them so much, I'd definately hang out with them, lol. I can't decide if that makes me really insane or just eccentric, as all writers should be.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Devon. You know, this is the most I've ever written on one story and it's amazing what's happening! Characters I didn't plan keep popping up, and subplots I had no idea about are emerging. It's the coolest thing! I know now what Stephen King was talking about in Misery when he described the "hole in the page that opens up and reveals the story as you're writing it."

    ReplyDelete