Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Another no-word night

So it looks like I'm headed toward a 10,000 word weekend again. This is the second night in a row I haven't written. The awful thing is, I really want to write, and the story is right there in my head, I just don't have the time right now. Hopefully I won't be working too late tomorrow night and can come home and write some. Hopefully. I really wanted to get to 35,000 by Friday, but I don't think it's going to happen. But if I do a good 10,000 word weekend, I'll be at 42,000 by Monday, which would keep me ahead. I've never written a story this long before, so it's amazing to me that I've done this much.

Meanwhile, in "real life," I've been having the craziest week ever. Tomorrow is going to be insane, and so is Friday. This is why I wrote so much in advance, so I wouldn't have to stress over word counts this week. So even though I feel kind of guilty for not writing every day, I'm still ahead, so I shouldn't. But I do. How silly is that??!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you do have some leeway wordcount-wise. I find that it helps if I do write every day, even if I don't feel like doing it. Even writing down one word is better than none. Anyways, hope you do find some time to get your fingers to the keyboard. And happy writing!

    ReplyDelete