Sunday, November 13, 2005

Here goes nothing!

Well, it's 11:30 on Sunday morning and I'm staying home from church because I have a sore throat. If it is something contagious, I don't want to expose everyone to it, so it's safer to stay at home.

There is good news, though, about staying at home today... I can really work on that 5,000 word day I wanted to do! Well, a little less than 5,000, actually. I just want to make it to 30,000 by the end of the day today. The most I've written in one day was a little over 4,000, but if I really sit down and concentrate on the story, I know I can do it.

So this morning I am issuing a challenge to myself. I will make it to 30,000 today. 30,000 will push me ahead 5 days, which will be good for all the meetings and other "life stuff" that will get in the way next week. Of course, I will write on the days I can next week, but at least I will have some leeway. So I'm going to start writing now... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment