Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Favorite part of the day

I haven't posted a picture in awhile, so I thought I would post this one. I love sunsets and this one was particularly good. I love the bird sitting on the birdhouse. What a view, right? I want beach front property like this little bird has! But seriously, I think this picture reflects something that is missing in most people's lives, and is often missing in mine: quiet moments. We don't have enough quiet moments these days, and I think that's one reason we get so angry, so frustrated, and so impatient. If we would learn to stop and watch a sunset (or smell the roses, to use a cliche) we may just be calmer, nicer people with more focused and harmonious lives.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:47 AM

    One cannot look at a sunset and not dream. Its human nature and most often than not, it makes us wistful. My apartment overlooks the sea and I have gazed at some of the most amazing sunsets in my life. Each day brings a new one & the vibrancy of colors constantly make me wonder of the palette of the Great Artist. What creativity does She possess? (Yea... you read it right... She... has to be a woman or else she wouldn't have subjected me to the exasperating times that I have faced in my life)

    Vision is a faculty, seeing is an Art.
    Baz

    ReplyDelete