Tuesday, July 22, 2008

wow - this could have been me

I saw this on PostSecret and it really hit me hard.  I could have sent this postcard in myself.  It's always what I'm thinking deep inside me and my greatest fear.  I feel for the person who sent in this card, because I know exactly how she feels.  It sucks when the wonderful things you have to offer the world, and a potential partner are not the kinds of things anyone cares about.  I thought it would get better as I got older, but it still seems that all men care about is physical attractiveness.  Even into their thirties and forties, that's all they seem to care about.  Sometimes I feel like screaming: "I'm a great catch, why doesn't someone want me?"  Of course, that would never work.

2 comments:

  1. I understand completely.... there are times I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it right there - it's not all the time, but sometimes the feeling is there and it's pretty scary. And sad. :(

    ReplyDelete