Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summertime Fun with Habitat

Today we kicked off a special building blitz at work.  We called it Summertime Fun with Habitat, and we got t-shirts and summer treats for our volunteers, all in an effort to quickly build ten more homes.  There are so many families who need our help, and we are just trying to serve as many as we can.

It was a great kickoff day, with only one glitch.. it rained... A LOT!  Right after lunch, we were hit with some crazy thunderstorms.  Yeah, we got soaked.  It was fun, though.  And all you people out there who know me - you won't believe this, but I actually did some hammering while I was out on the build site!  A lot of hammering!  It was great exercise, but of course I'm sore now!

I'll be in the office tomorrow to take care of some things.  A person I was going to hire accepted the job but then today she emailed me and told me she got another offer and was going to take it instead.  Now I know why some people say that when you do that, you burn bridges with that company.  I replied and said I wasn't offended, which is true, but now I have to call someone back and say "you got the job after all," which isn't the best way to hire someone.  It just puts me in a bad position, which I hate! 

Other than that, things are going great!  I love the job and it's really allowing me to grow and learn a lot - which is exactly what I wanted.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:45 AM

    Sounds like you're busy, but happy. Hopefully, you've ended up with the right person for the job now, in spite of the rather awkward way of getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom said she saw you on the news for Habitat yesterday...

    ReplyDelete