Saturday, July 26, 2008

10 down, 90 to go!

I made my monthly goal!  I lost 10 pounds in July!  I have to give most of the credit to all the exercise I'm getting in the show, but other than that, I've been really focusing on eating right and limiting my daily calorie intake to 1200-1400 every day.  I'm hitting about 1300 most of the time, which is pretty good.  The best part about it is that I'm not feeling hungry or deprived.  I seem to have more energy and I'm feeling better.  Sparkpeople is helping me a lot because I can enter whatever food I ate and it tells me the calories, fat, carbs, and anything else I want to track.  I'm tracking calcium and iron because I don't usually get enough of those.  One thing I've been doing is if I don't have enough calcium at the end of the day and I have some calories left to consume, I can drink a glass of milk to help boost that number.  It's great. 

Since I made July's goal, I'm going to call around and find someone to detail my car, because that was the reward I set for myself if I made the goal. 

For August, I'm shooting for another 10 pounds, to get me down to 226 by the end of the month.  If I make that goal, I will reward myself with a new iPod for my workout music.  I'm thinking a Shuffle or Nano - I don't want to spend a ton of money on it, but I do want to get something that will do what I need it to do.  I might get the Nano this time and then next time make my reward a pair of Nike+ shoes and the Nike+ sport kit.  It looks like fun!  There's another possible reward, the Nintendo DS system and My Weight Loss Coach.  It looks like a neat way to keep track of weight loss on the go.  It would fit in my purse and I could eventually get other games to play on it too.  So those are the options for rewards.  I'll decide during the month.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, wish you can achieve your goal! If you success, can you write down a article for my website visitors to share your experience? Thank you for that. My website is http://www.bestweightlossdeal.com
    Send me email if OK.

    Appreciate that.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 PM

    That's fantastic. Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Sounds like you are doing all the right things too. SO many people look for 'the easy way'to lose weight. But it sounds like you are making real lifestyle changes - which will mean that you are likely to keep the weight off too. Congratulations on getting this far and all the best for achieving your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Congratulations! I'd like to lose about 30-40 and stories like yours are very inspirational to folks like me!

    You'll love your iPod, no matter which one you get! I'm a Mac girl all the way!

    ReplyDelete