Thursday, July 03, 2008

Dance it Off

I got a new workout DVD last night and tried it when I got home. It's called Dance It Off & Tone It Up and it's so much fun! As the title suggests, the workouts focus on using dance to get your cardio exercise and then there are some toning workouts focused on turning your body into a dancer's body - the upper and lower body tone-up are particularly good. I can really feel where I worked the muscles, especially in my arms and back. I feel like I did after the Carter project, when I spent all that time securing hurricane ties to the upper beams of the house... all that hammering really worked those arms! Anyway, the plan is to do two of the cardio programs and one of the toning programs each day, for a total of 30 minutes of exercise. Last night I did two cardio and two toning, and then I did about 15 minutes of stepping onto and then off of the step I bought for the step aerobics DVD that I can't find right now. I may have let someone borrow it. I guess I should keep track of that a little better, lol.

Anyway, I feel great about the new DVD and I think it will really help. Did I mention my reward system yet? My goal is 10 pounds a month. At the beginning of each month, I'll set some kind of reward for myself if I reach the goal. My July reward is to have my car professionally detailed, as it's been a very long time since I've done that and the amount of time I'm spending in my car these days (with rehearsals and everything) it really needs cleaning. Oh, I cleaned it out and did the basic ArmorAll and vaccuming, but I'd love to have someone with all those special cleaning tools that get into all the little nooks and crannies just really clean it so that it looks like new again. After all, it's only two years old. It should still look new! The point of this reward system is not really that it's a treat that I couldn't normally afford, because I could really go tomorrow and get it done. The point is to figure out something I would really like to do and not let myself do it until I meet the goal. It's a little sad that I need to trick myself into making healthy decisions, but that's what a year of stress eating will do to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment