Wednesday, July 09, 2008

blocking and choreography

Is there a difference?  I know blocking refers to where you move and when during a play and choreography refers to dance, but in a musical, do you have both?

We just finished the second day of blocking for the show.  We've blocked the first two songs and the scene following them.  The choreography is pretty simple except in one or two parts where it's not really hard, but we have to be pretty quick or you get totally turned around!  The singing sound better and better every night.  It really sounds like everyone has been practicing, which is great! 

Next week we will be working on the monologues during one on one sessions with the director.  I'm excited about working my first scene with her, because I have some ideas about what I'd like to do and I am anxious to see what she thinks of them.  This is the scene that will be heartbreaking if I can manage to get it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment