Thursday, May 31, 2007

all about writing

I figured out that the extra hour will be enough to write what I need to write each day. I did a test play and it's actually kind of funny... I sort of like the direction it was going, so I might just have to continue with that idea some other time! Not that I'm going to give up writing novels and start writing plays, but it was getting sort of interesting, and my community theatre is always looking for interesting local work to produce. You never know, right?

In other news, I think Summer is finally ready to send out again. I didn't think the rejection bothered me that much, but I think if I'm really honest, seeing that letter made me lose confidence in the story, and in all the stories I planned for the series. I can't let that happen. It was the first of what I'm sure will become many rejections, and writers should have thick skin. Rejection doesn't mean your writing is bad, it just means it didn't fit what they were looking for at the time. Sure, it probably means you need to improve your submission packet, but one rejection doesn't doom a project. I have to keep telling myself that, because seeing that letter still makes me a little sad. But I keep going. I will keep submitting my work until someone, somewhere, decides it's good enough to publish!

But back to Script Frenzy, I'm really excited about doing something new. My first script. I wonder how it will turn out...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Your script will be great -- and wouldn't it be cool if your local theatre produced your plays? Being in the rehearsal room is a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete