Monday, February 11, 2008

the sound of silence

Okay, so our sound guy quit. We have an audience Thursday. Yep, Thursday! And our sound guy quit. The director is going to be up in the booth with me, doing sound while I do lights. Rehearsal lasted until 11:30 tonight and the director looked like he was about to kill everyone. It's always a stressful time.

I must be crazy to run lights for this one and audition for the next one, but I love it so much, and the director for Dearly Departed actually asked me if I was planning to try out, so I felt I really should. I do hope I get a part. I love working backstage, but I do miss acting. I won't work backstage on Dearly Departed. I think it's good to give other people a chance. I'm skipping the third show of the season. It's a good show and the director is wonderful, but I can't do that many shows in a year. Like I said before, it's good to give other people a chance. I will try out for the last one, the musical. (of course!)

Oh, I got an email today telling me that my Tivo was shipped this morning! I decided to use a little of my tax refund to invest in Tivo so that I'll never miss any shows due to meetings or rehearsals or writing sessions that go on a little longer than expected! I actually can't believe I waited this long to get it. I can't wait until it comes in and I get a chance to play with it!

I did some plot work on Draha today during my lunch break. I'm always thinking about the story and the characters, but I only count it as work if I put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) and today I made some notes that I think will really help me get to the next stage in the outline. I'm so excited about this story! I've never been this excited! It's really going to be good, if I do say so myself... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment