Wednesday, February 27, 2008

going to do better

There was a time when I posted every single day. I'm going to get back to that now, I promise! I guess I haven't really felt like I had anything interesting to say lately. For awhile there, I couldn't say much about anything. At first, I didn't want to say anything during the job search because I was afraid that prospective employers might read something into what I said and not hire me! Then, when I got the job I have now (which I love, by the way) I didn't want to say much in case it didn't work out. Now that I've been in the job for almost a month, I feel a lot more confident about it and I feel like I can say something about it.

Did I even say where I'm working now? I can't remember if I covered that here or not. I'm the new Resource Development Manager of the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate. It's a step up, career-wise, and it's a truly great organization. I like my coworkers a lot, although I haven't had much of a chance to really get to know them. That will happen, though.

So what else is going on? I watched a new show last night. My Tivo recommended it. It's called quarterlife and I found it interesting. I'll watch another episode or two. I googled it after it was over and found that it actually started online, so now I'll have to check on that and see what it's all about. I used to know all this stuff, I was really up on everything that was going on - but now it seems that I'm more focused on the local happenings. I guess that's good, in a way, but it's also bad because I like knowing what's new in entertainment. Must make an effort to stay informed. Anyway, the show was interesting and I kept wondering how I knew the main actress. Turns out she was on an episode of Moonlight for about 3 minutes. Funny that I would remember her from that!

I'm still having fun with my Tivo. It recorded 4 episodes of The Outer Limits as a suggestion and I had a blast watching them last night. I have an inexplicable love for that show. It's a guilty pleasure. However, it also recorded an episode of Tyra Banks. I guess it can't be perfectly accurate all the time, can it?!

Gas prices are going up again. It's insane how much they are allowed to raise them without any kind of regulations. We are being taken for a ride, quite literally, by the oil companies. I really should have bought the hybrid version of my car. If I could do it over again, I would. The other alternative is moving closer to work, and once I've passed my three month mark, I will. I'm already looking at apartments. We'll see what I can afford when my student loans double in a few months. Stupid loan company.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:43 PM

    I'm paying $3.79/gallon, and I'm sick of it.

    I love Habitat for Humanity! It sounds like a perfect fit for you.

    ReplyDelete