Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Misery tech

Theatre
We had our first tech rehearsal tonight. Running lights is fun, and I'm glad I'm doing it for this show. It was so much fun setting the lights on Saturday and running the cue-to-cue tonight. With Hamlet, all the lights were set and the presets were done before I got to the board. They simply handed me a cue sheet and a script with all the info already written in and I went to work. This time I was involved with the whole process (except for climbing ladders - I tend to fall down, so I avoid ladders) Tonight, the director and I worked out the presets and I made the cue sheet for myself. I need to clean it up a little, but I'm pretty sure I won't have any trouble with any of it. There are some fun effects in the show. I can't wait to see them in the actual scenes. One thing about a cue-to-cue, you get everything done fairly quickly, but you skip all the action between cues. I haven't seen the show all the way through yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. I think they are running the show tomorrow night, so I should see it then.

Writing
Got some more work done on the detailed outline. I had an idea about something that might really be fun for the story, now I just have to work some things out. I won't be writing much in the next week because I have to get the program and other printed material for the show finished and need to get some more publicity out. I'll probably work on the outline a little each day, but nothing significant.

Knitting
The purse I'm working on is coming along nicely. I hope it felts okay. It's going to make me completely crazy if I get the whole thing finished and it doesn't felt right! I signed up to be in a swap for February, so as soon as I get my swap partner, I'll be working on a hat for her/him. Ravelry has been so good for my knitting. I've tried so many different things because of various challenges, swaps, and groups that I've been a part of on the site. I'm looking forward to starting the hat. Oh, and I'm doing Project Spectrum (have I talked about that yet? I don't remember) Because the theme this year is "elements" and because the elements play such a heavy role in Draha, I'm excited to be a participant. The first element is fire, so I decided to knit something small in the suggested "fire" colors, and also to play with mosaics and make a candle holder, bringing actual fire into my project for that element. It'll be two projects for one theme, but that's allowed (encouraged, even) so I'm going to do it. I'll post pictures when I'm finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment