Monday, January 29, 2007

sisters

My sister called me today and asked me to come to her house for dinner tonight. It was a surprise, to say the least. I am always sort of shocked when she reaches out to me. But I'm always happy when she does. I would like nothing more than to be close to her. We are in such different places in our lives... it's odd, really. I'm not sure which of us has the better end of the deal.

The kids were adorable and fun, as usual. They are quite a handful! If I do manage to have any children, I'm fairly certain I won't have three. They are just to much all at once! I set up Noah's computer for him and he immediately started playing card games on it. I think he will enjoy it now that it's set up. It used to be my computer, before I got the one I have now. He always gets the old computers when one of us gets a new one, but he has never had one set up in his room before. Now he does, and he's very excited about it. It's funny, the first computer I had was purchased when I was 18 years old. He's 10 and has one that is about a million times better than the first one I had. (it was cheaper than that first computer too, lol) Technology is fun...

I didn't write to any soldiers today, because I didn't have any names. I did send off about 20 letters and cards, though. I wrote them yesterday. It is really becoming a part of my weekend now to write these letters for LWT and TLC, as well as the one to my official and the one I've unofficially adopted. It's nice, however, my hand was hurting last night from all the writing! But I figure it's the least I can do, right? :)

Today was a better day at work, which was good. I got a ton of things done and it gave me great pleasure to cross them off my list! Of course, the list will get longer tomorrow, but for now, there are fewer things on it and that makes me happy. I actually finished a grant report, a grant proposal (different grant) and revised and sent out a press release. My intern counted newsletters, and they are ready to go out tomorrow. That's always nice. I breathe a sigh of relief every time my newsletter goes out on time. If it goes out tomorrow, it will be a couple of days early. That's always good!

I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to buy some acrylic knitting needles so that I can take them on the plane this weekend without any trouble. I'm going to start a scarf for my mother, now that I've finished the one for Hannah. I picked out the prettiest yarn for my mom's scarf and I can't wait to get started on it! I might also work on a bag for myself, so I'll need to bring my black yarn too. I should attempt to work on the hat I want to knit for my soldier, but I'm still not comfortable with the circular needles yet. I need to practice a little more, I think. I guess that's all for today...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't abandoned any of my writing. I'm still working on things, even when I don't report it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:33 PM

    Try circulars....you use them exactly the same as straights and they are so much more comfortable, especially when you are in a tight spot....like a plane.

    ReplyDelete