Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dreamgirls

I just got home from seeing Dreamgirls, and let me just tell you... I'm buying the soundtrack as soon as possible! This movie was amazing! Being a singer, I always appreciate beautiful voices, and I just have to say that the voices in this film are more than beautiful. They are incredible! The story, based on a Broadway play, follows three young women in their rise (or not) to stardom. The performances were wonderful, by the entire cast. At first, I was afraid I couldn't take Eddie Murphy seriously, because he always plays such funny characters, but although his character was funny and quirky in his own way, it was the serious moments that got to me the most. And I don't know about anyone else, but I think that Jennifer Hudson deserves an Oscar for this movie. She was amazing in the role of Effie White. You could actually feel her pain when she would sing about it, and I've never heard a voice quite like hers. It is truly magnificent.

So if you like music, or if you just want to go see a great movie with lots of twists, ups and downs, and some touching moments, go see Dreamgirls.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:07 PM

    thanks for the tip - I haven't seen it and didn't know anything about it.

    ReplyDelete