Thursday, June 05, 2008

working hard for the money...

Today was a fun day at work. My boss is doing a presentation tomorrow and she wanted to get some music to go with her powerpoint presentation. I don't know if everyone else just didn't know how to do it or if they didn't want to, but I ended up helping her with it. Other than that, I interviewed three people for the open position in my department and worked on several projects. We also had a fund development meeting in the afternoon where I got an idea of how much money I would need to raise in the next fiscal year. Can I say... yikes...? It's going to be a challenge, but at least it'll be interesting! I've done it before, so I'm not freaking out or anything, but it's interesting to see a number with that many zeros behind it and know you're responsible for getting it.

Tomorrow and Saturday I will be packing for next week's trip to Indianapolis. I think I'm going to learn a lot and I'm sure I'll enjoy that. Also, some of my Ravelry friends who live there have given me some tips on what to do in my free time, so I have some ideas about that now! I hate going to a new city and just sitting in the hotel, you know? There's no reason to travel if you don't get to experience the place a little. Obviously I'm there for work, but when the sessions are over, hopefully I can find some nice local color to experience.

I get back on Friday 13th, which also happens to be my dad's birthday. I'll have to get him a special gift for not being around on his actual birthday. I'm not really sure what that's going to be yet, but hopefully I can find something while I'm away.

I'm taking several knitting projects, my laptop for writing, and some plays I need to read for the selection committee. It's too bad I don't know which parts I'm going to have in Quilters, because I could start memorizing my lines on the flights there and back. Oh well! I'm not sure if I'll have Internet access or not (depends on if the hotel has wi-fi) so I may not be posting at all next week. If I do have wi-fi, I'll post as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment