Tuesday, June 24, 2008

3 down, 97 to go!

Yes, it sounds daunting, but I'm not going to let it discourage me. I lost 3 pounds last week! They say a nice, steady rate of weight loss is best, so that's what I'm going to keep doing. It'll be even easier when we start the choreography for the show, because I'll be getting all kinds of exercise then!

I read some very inspiring stories about weight loss last night - about how women who weighed over 400 pounds just decided that was it for them and they lost 150-200 pounds each, most of the time in the space of a year. Their loss was due to diet and exercise rather than crash diets and I'm really trying to live by their example. It's tough, but I know it will ultimately be worth it. I just have to stick to the plan and make an effort to improve my life.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 AM

    Congratulations! That's wonderful! Slow and steady will keep off the weight, too; it's a much more long-term choice than a quick diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Stick with it. It's a change in lifestyle, not just a fad diet.

    ReplyDelete