Monday, June 30, 2008

exhausted

Today was a rough day. It was mentally and emotionally exhausting. It's pretty rare that I feel that way about my days at work, but today I feel that way. I'm glad it's a four day week. I plan to enjoy my 4th of July weekend completely! It felt strange not going to rehearsal last night. I'm not sure I'm going to like having a week off. I've gotten to know and love the cast and it's strange not seeing them on the days we've been seeing each other. We are having a production meeting sometime this week and since I'm publicity I'll be there. I'm looking forward to hearing her ideas about lights and sets.

I haven't done any knitting lately, but I'm looking for a nice, simple sock pattern. I think I'd like to try to make some socks to wear in the show. They don't care what kind of socks we wear as long as they don't show, and with the boots, they won't. I think it would be cool to wear some hand made socks, made the way women would have made them back then. I think it would connect me even more to that time and to their struggles. Is that odd? I'm sure it is, but it's the way I like to do things. It's like when I played Heidi in Fuddy Meers - I would only chew Fruit Stripe gum because I thought that would be the kind she would chew. I knew the character would be a gum chewer and it really added a lot to the character. For some reason, I settled on Fruit Stripe and wouldn't chew any other kind. Anyway, I want to get back to knitting so I can make those socks. I also have a cute sun hat pattern I want to make for my mother. She can't get any sun on her face since the cancer treatment, so a sun hat with a big brim would be great for her. She likes pink and burgandy, so a mix of those colors would be best. Looks like it's time for a trip to the yarn store!

Writing... let's not talk about that! Rehearsals really eat into my writing time, but I'm trying to make some progress. I'm still working on the outline, mainly during lunch hours now, although I've spent my last few lunch hours looking for boots on eBay to wear in the show. Who knew it would be nearly impossible to find old-fashioned looking boots in brown or black in a size 9 1/2 in the middle of the summer in South Alabama??!! I keep thinking I may just have to raid the costume room at the theatre, but she really wanted us to try and find our own boots if we could. I went to 5 different thrift stores Saturday and still didn't find any appropriate boots. Ebay doesn't even seem to have any that I can use - that aren't too expensive, anyway. I need them by next Tuesday! Not sure that's going to happen...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:32 PM

    Try Zappo's. And, believe it or not, try the DSW website. They sometimes have vintage-y type boots there.

    Even try Capezio. They might have vintage looking dance boots.

    ReplyDelete