Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Web site fun!

I've been meaning to mention this and I keep forgetting. I did some work on my Web site a few days ago and I'm really happy with the changes I made. My designer did most of it using a language I had never used and was sure I wouldn't understand, and there were some changes I needed, so I contacted her and asked her to send me directions. I never heard from her after that, so I just started playing around with everything and made the changes myself!

I took off the application on the home page that basically works as a blog because I never really liked it and I wanted to be able to completely change the text on the home page anytime I wanted. I took that off and just added a welcome message. I left my Zazzle panel on for now, but that space is reserved for links to buy books if I ever get one published. Other changes include adding a "freelance services" page (in the "about" section) to describe the types of freelance writing I can offer, and I added a "newsletters" page to my nonfiction section to show that I have written and edited quite a few newsletters. I'm going to add a "press releases" page, but I haven't quite decided how I want to do that yet. I probably need to make pdf files of my best press releases and put them up that way.

Anyway, those are the changes I have made this week. I'm sure I'll add more to the site, especially if I start having things published. Overall, I think it's a good first site and a way to share my work with people who might be interested in seeing more of it! Hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment