Tuesday, July 17, 2007

no news

Absolutely nothing new to report. I wasn't feeling well tonight so I begged off rehearsal in favor of resting and relaxing. Luckily, being assistant stage manager, it's okay if I miss a few rehearsals at this stage. Closer to show opening, I would never miss, but I'm mostly going to ever rehearsal just because it's fun to watch right now. So tonight I did a little laundry, talked with fellow Harry Potter fans at The Leaky Cauldron, and made a few pages of notes on the fantasy series. I have the basic concept and an idea of the major characters, but I need to decide on an overall direction. I know what I want to say, I just need to figure out how I'm going to say it. I also went back to Under the Magnolia Tree and read through everything. I'm going to outline the rest of the story and really work toward finishing it in the next few months. After that, I want to get back to the Deadlines stories, because I think they could be really good.

Thanks for the advice, Devon. I've only submitted something to publishers twice, so I haven't really established an adequate organization system for it. I'm going to use your comment to build a spreadsheet that I can use to track my submissions. I'm also going to get my work out there more. If I ever want to be a fulltime writer, I need to forget about the fear of rejection and just put it out there. I spent some time looking at my Writer's Market tonight and started marking publishers to put on the list. It's actually quite fun!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Glad you're finding some of the techniques useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I plan to do exactly what you suggested with the A, B, and C lists. It's a great idea! Thanks again for all the advice you've given me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete