Sunday, April 15, 2007

Big tech rehearsal today!

We will start our extremely long, extremely exciting tech rehearsal today at 4 p.m. I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to occupy my mind until then because I'm so anxious to see what everything is going to look like with all the lights and the sound and complete costumes! I hope they found my holster, because I know I'm going to have to practice getting the gun out of it!

Because the person who was going to be assistant stage manager flaked out on us, the actors are going to help the stage manager set the stage between scenes. I have no problem with this. I'm actually really glad we get to do it. I've been thinking about volunteering to be stage manager for an upcoming production, and what better way to get a taste of it than to act as a helper during this play? I won't be able to do it for the next play, because I'll be out of town during the last week of rehearsal and the first part of the run, but maybe if I don't get a part in Hamlet I can help out backstage. If only I knew how to sew, I could help with costumes. But alas, I don't. Maybe I can learn by August? Then again, maybe not! So anyway, since we are going to help set the stage, we are going to spend some time today choreographing who does what and where things are supposed to go so that we won't be running into each other in the dark trying to do the same things! Unfortunately, I can't help until after I have appeared onstage for the first time, so I won't be able to do anything until after scene 4. But I can help with props backstage before I go on, so I plan to do as much of that as I can. Our poor stage manager can't do it all on her own. It's a lot of work for one person!

I spent some time knitting yesterday and it was great! In fact, it was just what I needed. I put on my DVDs of Alias, poured a glass of lovely wine, and worked on a mitered square. I'm about halfway finished with this particular square, and will post a picture as soon as I'm finished. It's the third portion of the raspberry/shades of blue square and it looks really nice, although the colors are a bit dark. I'm hoping the lighter shades will help brighten it up a bit. My squares are not nearly as awesome as Cara's are, but they are mine, and I'm proud of them!

2 comments:

  1. I'm here from create a connection to tell you "break a leg" and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like things are getting very exciting for you!
    I went to Cara's blog to check out the mitred squares...lovely! Can't wait to see yours, but until then, like Tammy said: "break a leg"!!

    ReplyDelete