Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dreams

I had the dream again last night. I was in school. It was high school but on the campus where I went to middle school. I'm late for class, but I have to get my books from my locker. I go the the locker, but suddenly realize I don't remember the combination. So many people are around me, my friends from all the years I was in school and people I knew. But there are people from my adult life there too. I bang on my locker, but can't get it to open. Nobody else has any trouble with their lockers. They get their books and go to class. People are bumping into me and pushing me out of their way as they hurry to their destinations. I know I need to go to class, but I can't go without my books. I know that I really need what's in that locker to get to where I need to go. After trying to open it for what feels like a long time, I decide to go to the office and get my combination from someone. When I tell them the problem, the secretary looks down at me and says, "only you can do it." I tell her I can't remember the combination and ask her again to please look it up. She says, "nobody can do it for you. only you can do it."

Then I woke up. I have been having this dream for the last few years. It started when I was in college and hasn't stopped. I have it about once or twice a month.

One day I'm going to have this dream analyzed. I'm fairly certain it has to do with a goal I want to reach and am relying on others too much to help me reach it. I think it's probably a reminder that I am the only one who can do something about my life.

So what's the reason for having it now? It's something to think about.

I did some work on After the Storm today. I also got a little brainstorm about Deadly Council, so I worked on it a little. It's easier than I thought to juggle two projects. I thought I'd get the two confused and it would mess up the tone of the different works, since they are so different, but they haven't bled into each other yet. That's a very good thing. I'm going to bed a little early tonight. It was an exhausting day and all I want to do is sleep.

So goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I am afraid to mention a recurring dream I had for the longest time. It seems so rife with Freudian undertones, but it was much the same but not with a locker. I don't get it. If you solve yours... lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep you posted, Ed.

    ReplyDelete