Wednesday, July 19, 2006

another quick update

I've been working on the Web site for work every day this week, so I haven't wanted to have anything to do with computers when I come home from work. But I thought I would do a quick update since it's been a few days. The good news is that the work Web site will go live this Friday. I've been working on this thing for a year and a half, since I started working at this organization, and now it's finally over. Once I get it online and everything is working correctly, I'm going to make a schedule of pages and info to update and how often updating needs to be done, so that it will never be out of date. I'm looking forward to seeing if we get a response from the new site. I didn't actually design it, there was a template already in place when I started, but I had to make more pages and add content. It doesn't sound like a huge job, but when you have 70 or more pages, it's a massive project. So I'm happy to take that off my "to do" list.

As for non-work stuff, there's not much to tell. I'm still editing Summer's Blossom and am still really enjoying that part of the writing process. Who knew editing could be so much fun?

My personal life is pretty slow right now, which isn't a bad thing considering the lack of free time I have these days. However, I think it's important to have a social life, so I'm looking into some options. There are several groups around that I could join (writer's groups, wine clubs, etc) so I'm looking into those. I'm also looking for a new church. The one I currently attend is the one I've been a member of since I was born. I think it might be time to branch out on that front. There are several in the area with active singles groups. Not that I'm going to go to church to meet people, but it's always nice to meet others in the same situation.

I'm feeling a strong need to change things up a little, to push my limits and see what happens. So I'm going to spend some serious time thinking about how I can do that and then go for it. And who knows... something great might happen as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment