Thursday, June 09, 2005

"I simply cannot abide useless people."

Yet another quote from Firefly. But it came to my mind today as I was driving home from work. I swear, Mobile drivers are the worst. I was cut off three times, the person in front of me slammed on their breaks about five times, and several cars zoomed up behind me only to have to slam on their breaks because I couldn't go any faster than the car in front of me. So annoying.

Off the subject of useless people, today was a pretty good day with the exception of the drive home. I ran into two people from my past today. One was a member of my college newspaper staff. I was managing editor and she was the sports editor. She's employed by a company that is doing some volunteer work for my nonprofit organization (the Bay Area Food Bank.) It was good to see her again, but it also made me realize how far removed I am from my college experience. It's only been 6 months since I graduated, but I feel like it's been years. Probably because the job has been keeping me so busy it feels like I've been there longer than 6 months. And yet sometimes I feel I've only been there a few weeks because the time has gone by so quickly. Very strange how that works. The other person I ran into today worked at the hospital where I worked about 4 years ago. Now that was a blast from the past. We were both kind of in a hurry and only had a minute to talk, but it was nice to see her again. It's always nice to see people you haven't seen in awhile. But even the warm fuzzies from seeing old friends today didn't make me want to go to my ten year class reunion that's coming up this summer. But that's another post for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment