Tuesday, June 28, 2005

"How's my downward dog?"

Niles Crane from Frasier just said this. Besides making me laugh, this particular episode reminds me of me. Niles is trying to do yoga and he's not very good. I'm attempting yoga myself, and it's not even possible to describe how awful I am! And downward dog... not my favorite pose! Actually, I'm best at the corpse pose. If you know anything about yoga, you know that one is just basically lying on the floor! That's the one I'm good at..

Every night, before I go to bed, I set my clock an hour earlier than I need to wake up. I always say that I'm going to do a workout, shower, get dressed, have a good (low fat) breakfast, finish getting ready, and go to work.

But in the morning, I usually hit snooze four times and end up with just enough time to get a quick shower, brush my teeth and my hair, throw on some clothes, and run out the door. I do my makeup in the car on the way to work.

Working out is reserved for after work, and often I'm too tired to do it when I get home. So I'm going to try again tomorrow morning. Here's hoping I don't roll over and hit snooze four times!

No comments:

Post a Comment