Friday, May 06, 2005

Update on Serenity screenings

By all accounts I've read on www.serenitymovie.com, the screenings were a great success. Thousands of Browncoats got to see the movie of the year on Thursday night and though I was not among them, I have to say that it sounds like they had a great time and I'm glad everyone who went got a chance to go.

I would also like to add that if they decide to do more screenings, I will be there come hell or high water! No matter what I have to do, I will be there!

One poster at the Browncoats site (link provided above) said Serenity is this generation's Star Wars. He said he knew what it must have felt like to leave the theater after seeing the first Star Wars. What a great comment, considering that they are actually quite similar, both being gritty sci fi movies with relative unknowns as the stars. Hopefully, this film will take off (no pun intended) and will create so much interest that they will do a trilogy. This is a strong possibility if the film does well, so please go see this movie in September. It will be the best film you've seen all year. I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment